ODD ELECTRIC RESULTS ON REWIRE

If they are testing individual circuits and getting good results, then connecting them all together and being amazed when the insulation resistance measured is lower, then clearly they have no idea how resistance actually works.
But that's what puzzles me.

You'd expect a newly installed individual circuit to have a very high value.

You'd expect several in parallel to have a lower value.

But so low that it fails?

Sponsored Links
My thoughts exactly which is why I would question the competence of the tester/constructor.

Right. The way I see it is quite simple. The time-served qualified guy is baffled. He has tried everything.

What he should do now is graciously admit defeat and pay for another spark to do a PIR.

Any defects noted in that PIR should then be rectified at his cost. Then and only then, should you pay his bill. Less, of course, the cost of the PIR and any rectification work.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Also, when you use a Fluke meter, do you have to keep your finger on the button for a correct reading? It has been mentioned that perhaps the tester is getting low readings as he's not pressing it long enough?? Does that make any sense?!

There's your problem.

The tester.

Not the Fluke - the guy not pressing the button on it.

As has already been opined your electrician my be time-served but that guarantees nothing - chances are the Fluke is brand new and he's rarely tested anything in the past. Very common indeed amongst time-served sparks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back