Odd part found in dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone recognise this unusual part (pictured)? I found it inside my Bosch dishwasher - and bizarrely it was inside the cutlery basket! It's about 2" square and looks like the feet clip into something and maybe the arms carry 3-4 rods.
All of the internal racks, blanking plugs, plastics etc are grey - and not black, and all work fine.
I only put plates and normal stuff into the washer and am completely puzzled what it is! any ideas?? Otherwise it's another unknown object to sit on my window ledge waiting for it's purpose to be found......

Thanks, Dave
dishwasher part.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks something like a 'stand-off' bracket that you get on the back of appliances such as fridges/freezers, (and maybe dishwashers?), but must admit to not having seen that particular shape.
Is it a new dishwasher or one you've had for a while? Have you recently washed a new item of crockery/cooking utensil/air fryer?

Sponsored Links
Aha! - just to put an end to this.... I asked my wife and she said she washed a load of kids toys from our local playing field in the dishwasher. So there you have it -- there's always a valid explanation for unusual things!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back