Odd Phone Call

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had two calls to my mobile from 020 3455 4861.

First one rang off before I could pick up.
Second one I picked up. If it's a number I don't recognise, I don't say anything. If it's a genuine caller, they will speak.
There was a long silence, then when I said hello, a computer generated voice with a US accent started to tell me how they had recently moved into the area.
I cleared down at this point.

Anyone had something similar?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Woah!
Gotta rein in the old paranoia, there old buddy!

As said Russians ;)

Have u ever visited Russia ? work or worked for a Russian ? Know any Russians ?

Know any Russians ?

Yes I know one Russian and have competed against him on a regular basis,

Also Know a Ukrainian, at the same club, who at times does not seem to get on with the Russian ? cannot understand why??

Caller was probably CIA testing the Geo-location on the mobile just to ensure they had the correct target??

Just a consideration, just goes to show one cannot be too careful or is it paranoia generated by mass media getting to us all??

geolocation is interesting. Following a recent murder case, and they could pinpoint where the suspect was on several occasions following the incident, whenever he used his phone. No idea if its possible for anybody other than the service provider through.

But I too get these sometimes. I assume just automated cold calling - they have systems that ring out on a list, then the cold callers will grab the line if they are not already busy - sometimes they are already on another line though. Sounds mad, but it ensures that they are constantly talking to people, rather than waiting to see if anybody answers the phone.

The cold callers tend to acquire the telephone number from phone lists sold on by other companies. Whenever I sign up to something online, if the provision of a contact number is mandatory, I will sometimes input a duff number depending on who they are.

Sponsored Links
Back