Phone Calls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Be wary if in the habit of replacing reciever during that long silence preceding the 'junk' calls.

Loidspank recent communication ref fraud and Mastercard.
Our sophisticated fraud detection systems pinpoint unusual spending patterns, and we may call you to check anything that seems out of the ordinary, These calls may be made by computer generated speech...
... There is a number if one does not want to be called in this fashion.

Sponsored Links
shaggy said:
You can register your no with the Telephone Preference Sevice It's worked for me so far; no junk calls at all.

But you get the drift ? Would not want to be curtailing the 'fraud detection system robot call made due to extraordinary card usage' Seems extremely useful device. I do wonder if the 'Preference service' would actually reject the call ?

P

I think I missed your point originally pip, but my bank phoned me once to ask about a £4500 purchase I had put on my 'switch' card. Last week I had a phone call from Powergen about my meter readings ,so it looks like legit organisations still phone me. I never get double-glazing calls anymore though, which is good.

Sponsored Links
Personally, any bank that wanted to check if my card was being used fraudulently and used a computer to do it would lose my business pdq. In a situation like that I want to speak to somebody and know what's happening.

On the cold call front, having put up with my bank using a computer dialling system to call me for "customer service" calls for a while, I told them both in the branch and on the phone that I didn't want any cold calls at home. None since. If you request the other party to stop phoning you as you find it a nuisance they should do so if they're a reputable organisation.

I reg'd my old business number with TPS. Calls didn't stop till I junked the line.......

Back