Bulldog Broadband Complaint

ninebob said:
Next month will be the proper test, the bill should be straightforward and for the correct amount. We shall see... but for now I'm a happy bunny...
WOOHOO!

Absolutely perfect this month.
Well chuffed with that result.

:p

Sponsored Links
The following is what has been happening to my mother-in law for over the last year. She had paid them the £122.69 they said they owed her from the second email but now they have called in a debt collection agency and are demanding £882.61. The complaints will not give us a name and will not help with this matter. Any advise appreciated, this is the story so far :-

Past correspondence -

RE: BDOL*******

Dear Mrs *****,

Thank you for contacting Customer Care and please accept our sincere apologies for
any inconvenience caused to you by the delay of our reply.

Further to your cancellation request please contact BT to request ?Return to Donor?
on 0800 800 880, and if this process is not followed then you will lose your
telephone number and service.

After analysing all your bills we have came to a conclusion that your outstanding
amount is £122.69. You can settle this amount by contacting Customer Service Team or
send me an email with your card details.

If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us
and we will be more than happy to help.

Yours Sincerely,

Deepal Anthony
Customer Care Team
[email protected]

Other correspondence -

catriona Kenilworthy
Customer Care Department
Bulldog Communications Ltd
28 Red Lion Square
London
WC1R 4HQ

Dear Sirs,

Customer Ref : BDOL*******

I should have been connected to your service on Wednesday 29.03.06, however on arriving home from work and trying to use my phone, I was unable to make or receive any calls as the line was completely dead (although there appear to be calls during that day). On 30.03.06 I was able to dial out and phoned my sister on **** **** ****, however you will see from the records that I had to make several attempts to call her as the line was extremely bad – it sounded as if it was in a tunnel with someone else speaking and reminded me of the old type party lines where you shared a line and could hear each others calls. Over the next two days it was very difficult to make calls and still sounded like crossed line. I arrived home from work on Monday night 03.04.06 and attempted to make a call out only to discover a bar had been put on my line and I was unable to make any outgoing calls, this lasted for approximately 4 weeks. On contacting the number indicated on the message I was advised that a bill of £689.43 had been run up against my phone line.

After numerous unsuccessful phone calls to several of your staff such as Tesheen Akhter, Michael Mclure and a Sarah in your complaints department along with several calls to your billing department and various call centre staff, I am still no further forward and you have now left a message for me to dispute the bill. I consider this to be a difficult task as you would not provide me with an itemised bill even though you have attempted on to remove the full amount from my bank account on two occasions. Your staff have provide me with various pieces of information such as the engineer who advised there was a problem with the line and it had now been resolved and the member of staff who advised you were investigating an other company who had access to my line for the first 3 days and the staff member who advised that premium rate calls were barred as they had discovered a virus that continually re-dialed these numbers. Several of your staff sympathized and agreed the bill was ridiculous and on more than one occasion I was informed the matter was resolved only to discover this was not the case. I have put my faith in your company to investigate this in an appropriate manner within a reasonable timescale and to keep me updated throughout however you have provided me with no customer service at all.

Due to one of your more helpful members of staff I was advised I could print off my itemised bill from the internet which I have done through my son-in-law’s computer as I am too afraid to connect my brand new P C to your service. There is several numbers I do not recognise, I have highlighted these for your attention. The majority of these disputed calls were made during the day whilst I was at work and I can provide several witnesses to testify this. I leave for work at 7.40am and don’t arrive home until 17.15pm. Regarding the two serious calls in question, the first of the two premium rate calls started at 19.18 pm on the 30.03.06 and lasted 13hours 31 mins which take the call completion to approx 8.49 am and the second premium rate call started at 8.49 am on the 31.03.06. Throughout the first call I would have left for work and the 2nd I would already be in work so I couldn’t possibly have made these calls.

I want written confirmation in writing that this matter has now been resolved and I am not responsible for these ridiculous charges. I will pay for my calls used and will get the standing order set up at the bank again only when this matter is resolved.

You will note that this letter is copied to Mr Angelidis as I feel I have no alternative but to take my complaint (and plea for help) to the highest level of authority in you company.

Yours in anticipation of a more professional service,

Encs

Cc : Emanuele Angelidis, CEO Bulldog Comunications

garlands

DEBT COLLECTION AND CREDIT MANAGEMENT SERVICES

C.J, GARLAND & CO., GARLAND HOUSE, HARBOUR WALK, THE MARINA, HARTLEPOOL, TS24 OUX. Tel: 01429 422422 Fax: 01429 422433Dx: 60683 HARTLEPOOL 1. www.debtcollection.co.uk e-mail: [email protected]

26th March 2007

Your phone line: **********

Your account number: BDOL*******

Our reference: CW******

Miss. *******

Leeds

G733BY

Dear Miss. ***** *****

Outstanding Amount : 882.61

Plus Interest Pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984

FINAL NOTICE

Despite our client's attempts to contact you to collect monies outstanding from your account for Bulldog Services, they have been unable to do so.

We are therefore instructed by our client Cable & Wireless to issue legal proceedings to collect the outstanding balance on your account.

Failure to respond to this letter may result in the registration of your debt with a central credit bureau, and this will affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

This may have been an oversight on your part and can be resolved by contacting this office on 0800 068 2102 to make payment by debit or credit card. If you are unable to pay this account then contact us to discuss the matter with one of our advisors.

We sincerely hope that further action will not be necessary and look forward to an early response.

Yours sincerely

P ROSS

Maybe would have been better starting a new topic for this one. I think this is one of those where you need to seek legal advice, you could start at http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ or see your solicitor? The thing with a debt collector now being involved is it needs to be dealt with asap.
Where's ET Hunter when you need him?

Sponsored Links
Back