Amazon.

When the UK was in the EU its was bound by a 2015 EU regulation that capped interchange fees at 0.2 per cent of the cost of the transaction for debit cards and 0.3 per cent for credit cards.

According to Brussels’ calculations at the time, the change would save consumers and businesses €6bn a year.

The UK’s exit from the EU means that credit card networks are not required to stick to those limits.

Visa reportedly decided earlier this year to hike fees for cross-border transactions from 0.3 per cent to 1.5 per cent.

Sponsored Links
Mottie doesn't care.
Yawn. Perhaps I should start to care about your obsession with me. The fact that I'm in your thoughts just before bedtime is more than a bit concerning. Makes my bum twitch a little bit if I'm honest.

Last edited:
Yawn. Perhaps I should start to care about your obsession with me. The fact that I'm in your thoughts just before bedtime is more than a bit concerning. Makes my bum twitch a little bit if I'm honest.

In expectant anticipation or fear? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
UK still has a few rampant Brextremists who take pride in not caring how much the nation is damaged by the Brexit catastrophe they caused.

Since mottie is one of them, he should expect to be mentioned from time to time.

I have debit, credit and charge cards, including Electron, Visa and Mastercard

I'm not an Amazon enthusiast.

Maybe forcing Visa credit out of one the biggest online retail companies is the real reason.

Don't forget, the Amazon credit card is a Mastercard...

Of course when Amazon gets big enough they'll drop Mastercard and become their own full credit company!

Of course when Amazon gets big enough they'll drop Mastercard and become their own full credit company!
I think they call that 'running a business'. Last time I looked they weren't a charity or a philanthropic society but you never were any good at understanding business methods. Nobody is forced to buy from Amazon, they make their own free thinking choice to do so - much like you did when you purchased your Amazon firestick and prime account.

Sponsored Links
Back