Amazon.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all. 'Sommat' is really bugging me. Did anyone else receive this ****e and think 'whaaaaaat' ?

Dear Dan Weeks

We’re writing to remind you that starting 19 Jan, 2022, we will unfortunately no longer accept any Visa credit cards issued in the UK, due to the high fees Visa charges for processing credit card transactions. You can still use debit cards (including Visa debit cards) and non-Visa credit cards like Mastercard, Amex, and Eurocard. Please update your default payment method now, or add one of these new, eligible payment methods as default now.

If you are a Prime member, you should update your payment method here. And if you have any subscriptions on Amazon.co.uk, you should update them on the "manage your subscription" page here.

We know this may be inconvenient, and we’re here to help you through this transition so you can continue enjoying Amazon’s low prices and wide selection. Please visit this help here for more information on payment methods, or go directly to your account.

I have removed data in hyperlinks.

Surely they will lose money from users that use a credit card rather than the little extra loss??

One of the massive entities of this generation that treat workers poorly, now it's customers??

I might agree of previous posts. Yes it is cheap. But at what cost?

It seems we are now finding out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59620091

Workers are also believed to be trapped in the Amazon warehouse.

Maybe he can just stick a band-aid on the wounded and have it's warehouse built again.

I imagine the smaller charge for a Visa card payment was a little less than building a new sweat tank. It's called 'Karma'

Rant over, Dan x

Sponsored Links
I will only use them as a last resort after Christmas, I have got lazy and gone to amazon rather than searching on line will go back to doing that. I hate being pushed around by companies.

The issue always comes down to customer service and ease of ordering/returns etc, in which Amazon still excel beyond most if not all others. But sure you have to stick your morality in the bin.

Amazon have become more expensive in the last few years, everything i buy now i find cheaper elsewhere, i have Amazon assistant which pops up with the item i am looking at on other sites, here's an example.
upload_2021-12-11_10-59-50.png

Sponsored Links
Amazon have become more expensive in the last few years, everything i buy now i find cheaper elsewhere, i have Amazon assistant which pops up with the item i am looking at on other sites, here's an example.

I beg to differ - Amazon have always been the much more expensive option for almost everything, they are my supplier of last resort. Someone has to to for the faster Prime deliveries and the Prime monthly subscription, is not enough to cover that.

I beg to differ - Amazon have always been the much more expensive option for almost everything, they are my supplier of last resort. Someone has to to for the faster Prime deliveries and the Prime monthly subscription, is not enough to cover that.
I always check three suppliers Amazon being one usually, sometimes they are more expensive, sometimes not, depends how quick I need stuff, Mrs CB likes Prime TV

I will only use them as a last resort after Christmas, I have got lazy and gone to amazon rather than searching on line will go back to doing that. I hate being pushed around by companies.

I thought for a moment you were going to go shopping in real shops..........rather than lazily shopping online with Amazon ;)

I believe this is down to a problem with Visa and the EU , ( thanks to Brexit) Banks are not accepting Visa as from the New Year for some reason , I contacted a supplier yesterday and was told that since Monday their bank would not accept a number of Visa Credit Cards.
Maybe someone could enlighten us as to what is the problem .
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59306200

From the link:

"It said the move was due to high credit card transaction fees but said Visa debit cards would still be accepted."

Seems clear enough.

Presumably other credit card companies charge less.

From the link:

"It said the move was due to high credit card transaction fees but said Visa debit cards would still be accepted."

Seems clear enough.

Presumably other credit card companies charge less.

I half remember Nat West emailing me, something about them changing due to high charges.

alrite to be pushed around for christmas though:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back