Odd waste pipe on a toilet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This was sent to me by a friend.

You will see in the video that the soil pipe disappears into a bricked off corner.

This is on the first floor of a four story of a block built around 1900.

Above the soil pipe there is another pipe coming up and bending back towards the vertical soil stack hidden inside the corner of the bathroom. My question is what is the purpose of the second pipe ?

Unfortunately the video sent to me is not one of those which is portable. So you have to imagine a pipe going upwards for about 400mm just before it enters the wall and then turning to go horizontally into the wall.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Victorians? I was still fixing 2 pipe soil and vent pipes well into the 80s L C C pattern cast iron lead run calked joints copper vent pipes .
Underground drainage was cast as well

You still see this on old London buildings with a good few floors.

It was a practice that the Canadians where still doing 30 years back. I did this sort of work myself. Would imagine it's still happening in North America

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back