Off-licences deemed essential

E

EddieM

I suppose this is more of a maintaining public order thing rather than an essential. So we are officially a nation of alccy's.

Sponsored Links
Has to be just to keep the masses from going berserk.
I can survive without alcohol, so all a bit strange to me.
Sad that people are unable to live without regular doses of what is really something our body function doesn’t need. But easy said I know for someone not addicted at all to it.

Bloody alccy's! I was up Sainsbury’s yesterday to get some wine and all the cheap stuff was gone. I ended up paying £4.50 a bottle! :whistle:

Lucky I ended up paying £8.50 for a bottle of white, mind you it was 14% abv...

Sponsored Links
Went to get my usual 8 bottles of Spitfire yesterday, (just easier to work out the cost), and was told, "The limit is 3 per customer but if you are after something that is reduced when you buy 4 you can buy one of something else to make the 4 up."

So, if I was to want 4 bottles of Spitfire Gold I could only have 3 but make up the fourth by something else.
SG usually sells for £1.83 each or 4 for £6 making them £1.50 each
3 x SG @ £1.83 = £5.49 plus 1 x Spitfire @ £1.25 = £6.74
Thereby costing me an extra 74p on the reduced price of 4

In the end I bought 3 Spitfire and my wife got 3. Each bottle £1.25 giving a total of £7.50 for 6

Yet when my wife tried to buy 1 bag of plain flour and 1 bag of self raising flour she was told it was only 1 bag per customer. :confused:

Lucky I ended up paying £8.50 for a bottle of white, mind you it was 14% abv...
I was joking! I paid £8.50 for the cheapest bottle they had left on the shelf too. £8.50 must be a limit that many won’t go to! :LOL:
B6E7FB23-8987-409A-BDE7-CE6BA119AA9F.jpeg

Bloody alccy's! I was up Sainsbury’s yesterday to get some wine and all the cheap stuff was gone. I ended up paying £4.50 a bottle! :whistle:

Try the Polish shops for the real low cost, high strength stuff!

Deffo a theme running through Andy's posts....! *hic*

Try the Polish shops for the real low cost, high strength stuff!
Used to be thunderbird wine in my day - a bottle of that at glasto made me go temporarily blind in one eye. Last time I drunk that nasty tasting stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was joking! I paid £8.50 for the cheapest bottle they had left on the shelf too. £8.50 must be a limit that many won’t go to! :LOL:
View attachment 186816

Its worth a trip to Beaujolais.. you can go round the producers and pick up excess Fleurie for example for a couple of euro's. Due to the rather odd appellation controlee rules, only a certain amount of say Fleurie or Julienas can be produced. The rest is either flung together to create Beaujolais villages, or sometimes if your lucky, it really is a Fleurie, bottled as a Villages.

Sponsored Links
Back