waste carriers licence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As mentioned before, i do a bit on the "scrap" when i NEED an extra bit of money, with my mate.
My brother and is mate are at it full time, the money is so good.
The day before yesterday, they where blocked in by a bmw flashing his lights, in a back street, a man jumped out with I.D., " i'm from the council, can i see your carriers licence?"
Can he do this? does my brother have to answer to anyone other than an officer of the law/customs, ?
We are hoping to have the carriers licence sorted very shortly, need to.
my brothers mate told him to f off, which isn't the way to go. they shot off ,being followed for 2-3 miles, till my brother "lost" him in traffic.

I know he has probarbly made a rod for his own back with this official, but was the man acting legal to obstruct another vehicle, start asking these questions without an officer present?

They also took photos of there faces, i thought that was illegal without your permission?

Sponsored Links
They can ask you anything they want but you have the right not to say anything. Even if you are just carrying a bag of your own household rubbish or a bucket of rubble and you are in a van then you must have a WCL :)

They are not very expensive and the next time they collar you, shove the licence in his face and your mate can then tell him to f.off ;)

They can ask you anything they want but you have the right not to say anything. Even if you are just carrying a bag of your own household rubbish or a bucket of rubble and you are in a van then you must have a WCL :)
My son drive an Astra van and sometime he take some rubbish for me to our local tip, will he need a WCL :?:

I also have a trailer, would that apply to me :?:

Sponsored Links
My son drive an Astra van and sometime he take some rubbish for me to our local tip, will he need a WCL :?:

Wealden Council (e Sussex ) have a free voucher system for this ;) yours may do too

Wealden Council (e Sussex ) have a free voucher system for this ;) yours may do too
ahh! I do have a disc from my council for going down to the correct local tip, so am'I right assuming this is a WCL?

Back