Vehicle impounded

gremlin

I can see his point. You are unneccesarily rude in your first post. If (and I do say IF) this was how you came across to the officers you spoke to, that is not the best way to deal with the situation, as you haven lost control of the situation. There are some things you are best thinking but not saying. If you keep a level head you gain advantage and are in a better position to argue your case.

Several years ago, I was hit by an uninsured driver. I went to the nearest PS to the accident location. After explaining the situation at length to the desk sargeant, she told me she was not willing to report the situation. I kept my cool and complained to someone higher up. This too was knocked back so I went higher still.

The report was subsequently filed & investigated and the driver eventually brought to court and fined & endorsed. I also received recompense for my many uninsured losses, not covered by the MIB.

Sponsored Links
it was more the point that the registerd keeper must have insurance for the vehicle in his name even though he cant drive!!

blg-all, your wrong there my frelnd, gave my daughter a polo ln my name, stlLL ls, she as her own lnsurance that car, l dld ask her a whlLe back lf we changed names on the log book. She sald no, but told the lns co that lt was stlLL ln my name, they sald no problem, sorry to go off toplc, but l feel people should be aware that you lnfo was lncorrect. no dlsrespect.

Sponsored Links
it was more the point that the registerd keeper must have insurance for the vehicle in his name even though he cant drive!!

blg-all, your wrong there my frelnd, gave my daughter a polo ln my name, stlLL ls, she as her own lnsurance that car, l dld ask her a whlLe back lf we changed names on the log book. She sald no, but told the lns co that lt was stlLL ln my name, they sald no problem, sorry to go off toplc, but l feel people should be aware that you lnfo was lncorrect. no dlsrespect.

i was trying to say that it seemd ridiculous that you can't give someone a car without having to insure it in your own name even though you want nothing to do with it
other people where suggesting there was no choice as it had to be registered in my name ;)

but it now seems that owner need not be insured as long as the registerd keeper is insured ---- i think!!!!
i just thought that seened very silly

Back