Notice of intended prosecution

Like this idiot who thinks the road should merge 300 yards earlier and create an additional queue, unnecessarily.
Driver with the dashcam is in the wrong. It is the law, (recently re-emphasised), that you should use both lanes up to the merge point and then alternatively merge, (referred to as the zip manoeuvre), which keeps traffic flowing much more smoothly if everyone obeys.

Sponsored Links
Rule 134, no "law" but certainly good practice.

Also Queuing Theory would dictate that the longer the single lane restriction, the longer the queue. As it takes twice as much queue lane for the same volume of traffic. I personally find it bl***y annoying when the authorities hatch out duel carriage ways to create artificial traffic calming to justify lower speed limits. It usually ends up creating queues where they previously never existed.

Like this idiot who thinks the road should merge 300 yards earlier and create an additional queue, unnecessarily.

When I'm in a situation like that, ie. queueing in RH lane for upcoming merge, I often move to the left a bit so the nearside of my vehicle is almost on the white line as I get closer to the merge point, but not crossing it or obstructing the left lane. I do this to signal my unwillingness to allow Audi/BMW/Merc drivers to blast down the empty lane past all the queueing traffic and barge in in the front of me.

The driver who blocked the left lane well before the merge point deserved a slap from the boy driving his mum's Beemer.

Sponsored Links
Yes, these things happen. Some people seem to be on a mission to demonstrate their displeasure by driving stupidly. I've seen a bit in the last couple of days over about 500m. I suppose some will add a camera to their weaponry.

Why do you try and police other people's actions?

I wouldn't want to get involved...
It is everybody's duty to uphold the law in whatever way they can .

(Unless you vote for Savid "So What" Javid)

When I cycled (to work) I started to hate selfish/dangerous motorists, the reverse when I got back to driving. As humans we tend to let the selfish gene get in the way of objectivity about our actions.

Blup

We tend to forgive our own failures and wish to punish others. People put themselves in harms way to prove a point.

Some drivers do the strangest things. I saw one the other day. Two lanes approaching a roundabout and the roundabout had only one exit (pointless, I know) which was an exit to the right. The driver of a 4x4 was intent on blocking the right hand approach lane to the point where she was making no progress and no-one could pass her but the drivers in the left hand lane were all making reasonable progress. I joined the queue in the left hand lane further back than her road block and by the time I got to the roundabout she was still blocking the right hand lane several hundred metres behind me.

Thought I'd update this thread.

No further charges came my way. The police charged the other guy. Turns out there was an off duty cop behind us with a dash cam.

So all good for me.

Thought I'd update this thread.

No further charges came my way. The police charged the other guy. Turns out there was an off duty cop behind us with a dash cam.

So all good for me.

Good news. If I'm not mistaken, more than a few posters owe you an apology. You might even have a case for defamation, plenty of evidence.

Good news. If I'm not mistaken, more than a few posters owe you an apology. You might even have a case for defamation, plenty of evidence.

That's the problem with posting on a social site, people look for the worst in others

Edit: reading through the thread makes me laugh, I forgot I was a menace and was "chasing" the driver down in a fit of rage.... At mostly less than 10mph stuck in traffic,

Last edited:

So, how did it play out? How long did it take until they gave you the all clear. Were you interviewed.

P.S. Someone almost did the same to me a couple of evenings ago. Driving like the biggest prat I've ever seen!

So, how did it play out? How long did it take until they gave you the all clear. Were you interviewed.

P.S. Someone almost did the same to me a couple of evenings ago. Driving like the biggest prat I've ever seen!

Tbh there was no communication from the police and trying to get through to them to discuss the incident was impossible.

No interview ever took place, with me at least.

I sought legal advice and they confirmed the police had 6 months from the date of the incident to make any prosecution (be it a fine or anything more serious)

Anyway up until last week I still hadn't heard anything, so tried the police again with no joy.

Phoned my insurance company to check progress of the other guys claim (I never claimed on my insurance the scratches polished out no problem and there was no bent panels), and they told me it had been settled as the other guys fault and they had dash cam footage from the police and the police were taking further action. I presume the further action would be a fine or an awareness course.

I do now have a dash cam in my car for any likely future episodes such as this

Well done for "winning" - just the odd 6 months of mental anguish!

I don't know about other phones but I found that with mine, if I put the mount I use for GPS on it horizontal, it's a pretty good dashcam. I can still run Google maps/GPS but in a window the size of a postage stamp.
Audio still works so if you're only using it to make sure you don't miss a junction it's fine like that.
My S20FE does have quite a wide angle camera, which helps. Just measured it, video is 80°+ .

Sponsored Links
Back