Vehicle impounded

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got back from hols, only to hear that 2 thick baby faced so called police officers, have impounded my 78 year old disabled father's vehicle. Fu**ing thick bas**rds. :evil: :evil:

My brother was legally driving the vehicle at the time. He is fully insured, and with owners permission, is covered to drive any other insured vehicle.
My fathers vehicle is insured, and cover includes any driver.

The thick pig said Dvla have no record of the vehicle having any insurance, funny really as he only taxed it a few weeks ago. :confused:

When my brother took his documents to the local pig sty, they said they could do nothing because the garage that they use to cart the vehicle away is closed over weekend.( the garage is the local, national, breakdown recovery service, and open 24-7 ) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unknown to my brother, my fathers paper work was locked in the glove box, but as the vehicle is impounded piggy cant let them near the vehicle. How thick and power mad do they get :evil:

So tomorrow I have to take time off and take my father to the insurance broker to get a copy of whats already in the vehicle :evil:

As for getting the vehicle back, he has to pay £150 + vat.

Piggy confirmed that my brothers paper work was correct, but they could do nothing about the fine and points being added to his licence because the thick piggy had already processed the paper work. :confused: :confused:

He and my father will have to go to court,
1, to show their relevant paper work (which are correct) and piggy knows that

2, So that my brother can appeal against the fine and points

3, To recover the £150 + vat recovery costs.

4, And I will be claiming a days loss of earnings

Can the police get any thicker :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then again I suppose they are only doing their job. :rolleyes:
Its a lot safer harassing law abying pensioners and motorist (who normally dont fight back) than having to do any fiscal exertion and get off their fat a**e and catch a thief or a druggie.

Me I would have told piggy where to shove his ticket and driven over him :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Your brothers own insurance for driving other vehicles is irrelevant in this case as a vehicle has to be insured in it's own right, and it's the responsibility of the insurer to ensure that cover for a vehicle is logged on the Motor Insurance Database.

You can check your own vehicle here http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Your brothers own insurance for driving other vehicles is irrelevant in this case as a vehicle has to be insured in it's own right, and it's the responsibility of the insurer to ensure that cover for a vehicle is logged on the Motor Insurance Database.

You can check your own vehicle here http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

why!!!!

legal requirements to be on the public highway
must have a valid mot
must be in a roadworthy condition
must have valid licence
must have valid road tax
driver must have insurance relating to vehicle
must be the owner or have owners concent

does the law say the individual vehical must have its own insurance!!!!

So all it takes is for some numpty at the insurance company not to add the insurance details onto a database and your poor dad gets his car impounded?

If it wasn't so bloody tragic, it would be funny. I can't say it's unbelievable because I do believe it. I ended up with 6 points for driving without insurance due to a cock up being made by my insurance company. Its frightening just how much your average Joe can suffer just cos some idiot isn't doing their job properly.

I hope you get it all sorted out - I know it's a total inconvenience for all concerned.

Still sitting here shaking my head at the stupidity of it all.

But of course, motorists are easy targets. My brother got followed one night dropping off a girl in a pedestrian zone (there is a road for buses, taxis and disabled badge holders) at her house because it was 4am and he didn't want her walking home alone. Cops drove past a big fight that had broken out at a kebab shop just to do him for being where he shouldn't have.

And I know he shouldn't have drove up the road - but what's more important? Fight and potential stabbings in the street or some car driver driving up an empty road in the middle of the night?

Sponsored Links
does the law say the individual vehical must have its own insurance!!!!
No - but the law says that the owner of the vehicle must have insurance for that vehicle, irrespective of whether the driver has insurance covering him for any vehicle he doesn't own...

Very often the drivers of uninsured vehicles are responsible for more serious offences so the police are keen to stop them when they can

One of my mates had this happen to him - but his insurance had expired 2 weeks previously so it was a fair cop in his case !

If the police ANPRs find a car without insurance, the driver can tell the police who the car is insured with, and the police will check with that company. Simples.

http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/ said:
<tickbox> I confirm that the vehicle detailed above is registered, owned or insured by either my employer or myself and is regularly driven by me. I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without reasonable cause and if I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1988. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry. I agree to the terms of use as stated on this web site.
This made me wet myself laughing. I've just checked all my neighbour's cars :LOL:

blondini

Rather than rabbit on about why not re-read the original post.
The vehicle owner, my father, has insurance that covers anyone with his permission to drive his vehicle.
additionally my brothers own insurance covers him to drive a third partys vehicle. providing the vehicle has been insured by the owner.

Today Piggy was lost for words when the insurance document proved to be correct.
There is still going to be a court case, now against piggy & Co.

It cost £150+vat to get vehicle back, and piggy reckoned its not their problem. Now that only goes to show how pathetic piggy & Co are.

The solicitor pi55ed himself laughing, and is looking forward to ridiculing piggy & Co, yet again.:cool:

Personally I would make dumber and dumber pay for their cock up, and then sack them.

Once had the pleasure of presenting the companies insurance certificate to a young plod after getting a ticket.
It was a photo copy and it had been agreed previously with the chief inspector that this would be acceptable .
Smart ass little sh=te would not accept it and then proceeded to rip it up in my face as i said dont do that it does not belong to you, He replied its no use to you now.
Bit my tongue big style and politely said i want that it belongs to me , takes it and his number.
Boss goes up speaks to the top kiddy who gets the young smart ass in and hands him about 50 pieces of paper and says i suggest you get this put back together and get the gentlemans details filled in . Must have took him ages. pr#ck

so lets get this right :rolleyes:

my son passes his test so i want to buy him a car as a present but want to retain ownership so i can make shure he complies with my safe driving conditions for 2 years before i register in his name
now me personaly i cannot drive dont have a licence have no intention of driving the car but need insurance in my name and not my sons!!!!!

my son passes his test so i want to buy him a car as a present but want to retain ownership so i can make shure he complies with my safe driving conditions for 2 years before i register in his name
now me personaly i cannot drive dont have a licence have no intention of driving the car but need insurance in my name and not my sons!!!!!
No! when you apply for insurance you will be asked who the main driver will be if you say yourself and subsequently your son had an accident and you were to try to claim off your own insurance or the other party did your claim would probaly unsuccesful because of a false declaration.You will also be asked how long you have had a full license for also.

yeah, death to all pigs!

well, until i need them of course, then i will be polite. :rolleyes:

an over zealous copper will not receive any punishment at all. in fact, after the court case, whether he was right or wrong, will still get a pat on the back. only doin' his job.
all will be forgotten about the one or two wrong ones when he has copped a dozen right ones.
stop moaning, their good usually outweighs the bad. :p

reported a shoplifter on saturday.

gets a phone call today "is the cctv footage ready to be picked up?"

jesus h christ. "Yeah, and the shoplifters disabled so he's only made it twenty yards down the road in 2 days, if you come quick, you'll catch him"

"sorry, we're very busy, we've had a couple of stabbings"

hmmmm.

No! when you apply for insurance you will be asked who the main driver will be if you say yourself and subsequently your son had an accident and you were to try to claim off your own insurance or the other party did your claim would probaly unsuccesful because of a false declaration.You will also be asked how long you have had a full license for also.

thanks but i dont want insurance i dont want to drive also my son would have to sort out his own insurance as i cant anyway so the registerd keeper would not have insurance!!!;)

thanks but i dont want insurance i dont want to drive also my son would have to sort out his own insurance as i cant anyway so the registerd keeper would not have insurance!!!;)
Because of that question on the insurance form of 'how long have you had a driving licence', chances are you wouldn't be able to insure 'your' car in the first place...plus your son would have to have a car of his own so that his policy would cover him for other cars he didn't own - which rather defeats the scenario

But anyway - if you didn't drive, how could you define 'your safe driving standards'?.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back