Notice of intended prosecution

Sponsored Links
Ok, so here it now gets weird...

Having finally got hold of the magistrates department the original course was acknowledged as having been completed...

However although no points were to be issued the driving license was apparently to be sent to a Southend on Sea office although there was nothing on the online course to indicate that this was a requirement...

The original acknowledgement of the completed course has now been removed and the court case has reverted to being a non admission of a speeding offence (which was by definition of the course admitted), and now it it is an offence that is being prosecuted in line with my partner's income.

Which will be rather costly!

What a f****d up system !

Just turn up at court and watch while they make idiots of themselves.

If you have any spare wonga, hire a lawyer to help.

Just turn up at court and watch while they make idiots of themselves.

If you have any spare wonga, hire a lawyer to help.
Plenty of dosh, but might just do the defence myself...

Some time ago I was a witness for a friend who was at a demo and accused of a public order offence...

It was rather amusing seeing the prosecutors face when it was pointed out that plod had provided a google street view map of the alleged offence...

Which just happened to be the same street name but in the wrong town :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You will not be allowed to as you are (obviously) not a lawyer authorised to represent a person in this way. They may allow you to be a Mckenzie Friend - do you know what that is?
There will be a duty solicitor available at the court and you should ask to talk to them.

So is your partner entering a not guilty plea?

You still need to know when it was laid.

Defence arguments are:
- Information was laid out of time and the magistrate's court is not permitted to hear the case
- to prosecute after offer, consideration and acceptance of a speed awareness course as an alternative resolution is an abuse of process.

Case law on out of time prosecutions - it may be that plod issue the single justice procedure notice at the time the offer is sent for speed awareness in order to avoid the out of time game. it would be an abuse of process to sit on it.

Last edited:
Back