Notice of intended prosecution

Yes there is an element of two gunslingers here

Blup

Sponsored Links
reading between the lines. It could be said that the OP spotted the other driver tanking it along to get to the front of the queue and decided that he wasn’t going to let him overtake at the last minute so took steps to make the overtake less easy. As a result a collision occurred.

You therefore have a situation that despite being aware of the risk of collision the OP did not take avoiding action (rather the reverse) thus there is the allegation of driving without due care.

reading between the lines. It could be said that the OP spotted the other driver tanking it along to get to the front of the queue and decided that he wasn’t going to let him overtake at the last minute so took steps to make the overtake less easy. As a result a collision occurred.

You therefore have a situation that despite being aware of the risk of collision the OP did not take avoiding action (rather the reverse) thus there is the allegation of driving without due care.

Which is exactly why I advised OP to think carefully about how he phrased his account, if it ever came to it..
Because, without wishing to be inflammatory, SX doesn't come across well in this account at all, IMHO.

OP could have far more easily avoided the collision by doing pretty much anything other than what he actually did (carrying on in the hope that the following driver would blink first, and back off).
IMHO
I think if I’m honest Ive got myself in that situation, luckily never with any collision.

Sponsored Links
I think if I’m honest Ive got myself in that situation, luckily never with any collision.

If you (and I) are honest / realistic, we do it every time we're in anything other than light traffic.

Where road space is not infinite, we all have to accommodate other road users.
Some accommodations are assertive / submissive, others are not.
But, always with the mindset of adapting to the situation as it plays out.

Being assertive - not being an rsehole though - is good, because the OP knows what's likely to happen.
Both the assertive and the submissive are ok then.

Less optimal scenario is two submissives - both dither and faff around, not knowing what the other is doing or is going to do.
Harmless, but causes a lot of unnecessary stress and delay.

Worst is two dominants, who plough on in the mistaken belief that the other is actually (relative to them) a sub.
Typically though, both are in control of the metal (so they only collide if they are making a point), less so of their tempers and egos.
Hand gestures and bulging neck veins, through to punch-ups, are the outcomes in most occasions.

I have many a time blocked another driver who has tried to overtake me at illegal speed, on urban streets where there is not sufficient room on the road for overtaking and where I have foreseen that he might cause an accident further on if he continues at that speed. I would not do it where my actions might worsen the situation though.

Youtube is full of such examples and we've all done it.

I have many a time blocked another driver who has tried to overtake me at illegal speed, on urban streets where there is not sufficient room on the road for overtaking and where I have foreseen that he might cause an accident further on if he continues at that speed. I would not do it where my actions might worsen the situation though.
Fully blocking is less likely to result in a collision; fannying around with a bit of poor road positioning, while still leaving a gap, is asking for a bump.

Why do you try and police other people's actions?

I wouldn't want to get involved...

Perhaps it's best if the NIP is responded to as requested naming the driver, then the actual evidence and basis of the prosecution can be found out and legal advise can be taken.

If you follow the thread. The OP has already done that and obtained legal advice from a motoring law firm.

I was in a line of nose-to-tail line on a motorway just before Christmas. A young lady coming up the slip road, indicating to join, was blocked by an arctic. I've no idea why he did it or where he thought she should be going. Thick as pigsh!t maybe. Don't know, answers on a postcard. Anyway, I stopped and let her in front of me. My good deed for the day.

Like this idiot who thinks the road should merge 300 yards earlier and create an additional queue, unnecessarily.

I was in a line of nose-to-tail line on a motorway just before Christmas. A young lady coming up the slip road, indicating to join, was blocked by an arctic. I've no idea why he did it or where he thought she should be going.

Probably didn't see her; distracted by the "ping!" of his microwave :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back