Off Peak Heating Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an old cottage which has two electricity meters, one for off-peak
(10.27 - 12.27 then 2.27 - 7.27), the other as normal. Would I be better having the new revised idea (ie..one circuit for all appliances) or am I better sticking to the present two wirings with two meters.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends what actuall tarrif you are on, and what loads you have connected.

I assume you have storage rads? What else would you use during the off peak times? Dish washer, washer/dryer etc?

You usually get a better night and day rate on the old 'white' tarrif, but once you change from that you cannot go back as it no longer exists.

Thanks. I use 4 night store modern heaters along with a washing machine and spin dryer on the off-peak circuit, and try to use for batt charging and the like.

Your supplier should have a chap or chapess that will come out and advise you on the best tariff for your situation.

These usually come out for free.

Sponsored Links
I had thought of that, but this is an old cottage and I have visions of the chap(ess) finding wiring faults etc and insisting on expensive revisions !

No don't worry.

Chap/ess won't be a spark but is more like a sales man/woman. :D

Their job is just to advise on the best tariff for you.

The ones you have to watch out for are the electrical contracting division of the power company... (and anyone else who cold calls you and offers you a free safety survey, like these jokers: http://www.electricalsafetygroup.co.uk/p1temp.asp?pid=5&page=1 ... who have a very similar name to the NICEICs charity arm, which invariably leads to confusion ;) )

But feel safe to have the tarriff rep come out :)

I Often think of allowing one to do my home to see what they say!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back