Oh aint our police force tough

Sponsored Links
I suppose he annoyed them by writhing in pain.

Sponsored Links
well thats what i think.
norfolk_april_08_075.jpg

A 40-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and wasreleased on police bail.

50p says it wasn't the one we saw belting a stunned and restrained man.

50p says it wasn't the one we saw belting a stunned and restrained man.

He was not yet restrained, had already hospitalised one policeman, was forcibly resisting arrest.
And if you watch the video carefully he was punched on the shoulder 3 times, in an attempt to get his arm behind his back.

That's nothing new, the police have always behaved in that way. What's new is that everybody now has a camera phone on them and the ability to show it to the world, via t'internet.

OK, this guy has just slagged your missus off and had a swing at you.

Would you like one copper on his own to try and restrain him or six?

I know what I would prefer!

He was not yet restrained

You mean, apart from by the three policemen holding him down, while he lay on the ground stunned?

had already hospitalised one policeman
you must have been watching another video, I haven't seen evidence of that. You'll be telling me next that he was wearing bulky clothes, vaulted
over a ticket barrier and ran into a train.

was forcibly resisting arrest.
by aggressively lying, stunned, on the ground?

And if you watch the video carefully he was punched on the shoulder 3 times, in an attempt to get his arm behind his back.
That's funny, in the video I was watching, he was lying stunned on the ground, not moving, held down by three policemen while another belted him, three times, hard. Is that the way you normally get someone's arm behind their back?

he wasn't restrained because he wasn't handcuffed yet
the hospitalisation of one officer is reported in the report under the video.
he was resisting arrest by refusing to place his hands behind his back, lashing out at a police officer and kicking at the legs of another AFTER he had already been tased once..
considering that as you say 3 of them were trying to get his arms behind his back to hancuff him with little succedd then yes I'd have punched him in the arm or shoulder to try and give him a "dead arm" to loosen his muscles..

he wasn't restrained because he wasn't handcuffed yet
I can see your interpretation of the word "restrained" is not the same as mine.

My mother tongue is English, and in my country we would consider a man to be restrained if he was being held down by three others.

What language do you speak?

do you not watch rugby?
I've seen blokes with 3 guys hanging off him still moving up the field..
same with some drunk nutter, they feel less pain and have increased levels of adrenaline..

untill he's in cuffs where it's physically impossible to get his hands free and do damage to someone by either gouging at the eyes, strinking with his fist or even choking, then he's not restrained..

When you liberalise the licencing hours so that idiots can get drunk 24/7 what do you expect?

The use of a Tazer after the man had been grounded and restrained was bang out of order.

Punching the guy in an effort to get his arm behind his back, why not?

Whilst I don't have a lot of time for the plod these days (can't think for themselves) given the circumstances of the situation, these officers acted (Tazer aside) appropriately. IMHO

Sponsored Links
Back