Oh Bojo and Priti - your remarks come back to haunt you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The deflection is strong in the Brexxers.

Why no mention of Gove?

Sponsored Links
Met an American years ago that was very, very proud of their Irish ancestry. I asked whereabout they were from, they said ... Leicestershire!

I couldn't fathom how you could be so proud of your ancestry and yet, never bother looking at map.

This the problem when ethnic minorities get into positions of power , they have British accents but they still have foreign values.

You also never know where their loyalties lie - if those in power do have any loyalties except to money and power. At least with one certain religion you know where their loyalties lie as they like to keep everything 'in house'. We know the ones. At least those who are awake and have been paying attention do.

Met an American years ago that was very, very proud of their Irish ancestry. I asked whereabout they were from, they said ... Leicestershire!

I couldn't fathom how you could be so proud of your ancestry and yet, never bother looking at map.
He probably meant Leinster shire.

This the problem when ethnic minorities get into positions of power , they have British accents but they still have foreign values.

As long as those values are good then I see no problem.

If you are born in America that makes you American.
Sadly a large proportion of people in the UK don't feel the same way about some people born here.
Especially if they have the 'wrong' skin colour or 'foreign' names!

Sadly a large proportion of people in the UK don't feel the same way about some people born here.
Especially if they have the 'wrong' skin colour or 'foreign' names!

I see it if you want to be English then you are English... Some claim to be British and not English.

Don't hold back.
Sorry you misunderstood my point.
Priti needs to get up to speed with how politicians speak in Britain.
A proper politician might think what Priti was thinking but they wouldn't say it as Priti said it.
She should study the art of creative ambiguity and ephemism.
She needs to learn word her statements in such a way that her message is interpreted by the target group differently from say the Daily Mail or BBC.
Maybe get Dominic to write something out for her, maybe something that would have the DM congratulating her on her plans to reduce the levels of obesity among the Irish.

I see it if you want to be English then you are English... Some claim to be British and not English.

If your ancestors were English, you are English. If your ancestors were Black/Asian, you are British.

If your ancestors were English, you are English. If your ancestors were Black/Asian, you are British.

Is that an English rule?

I have friends:
Dad; English born White
Mum; Yemeni Israeli Dark skinned
Son 1; Born Germany Dark skinned Classes himself Australian. White Australian wife.New born son White English born now living in Australia.
Son 2; Born Germany White. Served Israeli Army He's and Aussie studying in Cyprus.
Son 3; Born Germany Dark skinned Served Israeli Army He's and Aussie, Living in Israel.

They can be what they want to be. Its what you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back