Oh Bojo and Priti - your remarks come back to haunt you

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a UK Citizen, you are a UK Citizen.

It's as easy as that.

Sponsored Links
Im English
Then Im British. Don't think Ive ever said Im a UKer.

then you have never reflected on your citizenship and nationality.

It's possible that at some future time you will become a Citizen of England and Wales, or just of England.

Sponsored Links
Is this Country conditional? Im all confused I don't know if Im a Bigot or not.

Doing a job for a black fella along Sandringham Road Hackney. Watching the The West Indies Vs England Cricket. I said "Do you think you will beat us?"

He said "Im English mate". That I thought put me in my place....

Is that an English rule?

I have friends:
Dad; English born White
Mum; Yemeni Israeli Dark skinned
Son 1; Born Germany Dark skinned Classes himself Australian. White Australian wife.New born son White English born now living in Australia.
Son 2; Born Germany White. Served Israeli Army He's and Aussie studying in Cyprus.
Son 3; Born Germany Dark skinned Served Israeli Army He's and Aussie, Living in Israel.

They can be what they want to be. Its what you feel.

Eh, what's this?
If you have a British passport, you are also British.
If you have a mum or dad who is English, that makes you English as well afaik.

I am not English, I am British. Happy to be corrected on the above by an Englishman.
If someone asks me where you from, the answer is always - I am from Essex or so and so city in Essex.

There is no doubt Im British. There is no no doubt Im English.

Can you imagine What Sir Gal would call me if I were to tell an Asian or a Black lad representing England that they where not English.

If you have a British passport, you are also British.

Sometimes.

You do not necessarily get British citizenship if you were born in the UK.

Or you might be

British protected person
subject to immigration controls and do not have the automatic right to live or work in the UK

British overseas territories citizen
Unless you’re also a British citizen, you’re still subject to immigration controls - you do not have the automatic right to live or work in the UK

British overseas citizen
you’re still subject to immigration controls - you do not have the automatic right to live or work in the UK

British Subject
are usually subject to immigration controls and do not have the automatic right to live or work in the UK (there are only rare exceptions to this)

I'd say his maker is Scottish or hints of..(Bottish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back