Oh My God !!! There was some good news today !

I

imamartian

Apparently, servicemen who have served 6 years or more, or partners of those killed in service, can get univerity, or similar education fees paid for when they leave the armed forces....
It's amounts to a huge chunk of dosh... and what a good idea to help squaddies rebuild their lives.... after experiencing the horrors of war..

Sponsored Links
Is this true? Is it a new thing, or not?

If it is true, its good to see that people who deserve help and financial assistance receiving it. Usually the useless government we are lumbered with doles out money to people of zero worth who deserve sweet f. a.

Our armed forces need and deserve our support, and for once I feel that in this case my tax is being channeled in the right direction. Now let them have decent wages and married quarters. The money is there, its just spent on pathetic teenage chav baby machines!

A great idea.

BUT it's just the governments way of saying "look at how we are looking after the troops" without having to actually invest any money upfront

The troops won't qualify unless they've served at least 6 years, so it's a great retainer which will keep staff turnover/recruiting costs/training costs down. Plus how many ex forces will actually take it up? I'm sure there will be many that don't.

They should've sorted out the pay/housing/time away from home issues first. But that would've meant much much more investment.

Sponsored Links
Apparently, servicemen who have served 6 years or more, or partners of those killed in service, can get univerity, or similar education fees paid for when they leave the armed forces....
It's amounts to a huge chunk of dosh... and what a good idea to help squaddies rebuild their lives.... after experiencing the horrors of war..

Yes same here the USA finally agreed to pay 100% for college for vets and if the service person should be killed then their children get the benefit.

I just read about it this week

Hi 1 yes we do have the GI Bill but they finally upgaded the educational benifits that can be passed down to the veys offspring in case the service person passes on or cannot attend for some reason

Back