Oh no, one leak becomes 2, BG man left in a hurry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Anyone know what pipe is needed below? See photo.

A leak started in my worcester bosch 40cdi, dripping below the boiler, the plastic cup. I called out british gas who took off the bit of black tape i stuck on it to stop the leak with silver sticky paper..which later failed.

BG person also for some reason TRIED to remove the 15mm waste pipe, that joined an already existing shower waste. I asked him what the smell was before he left and he said the silicon he put on the seal, which was hot? Anyway that leaked as a drip, then a flood - 30 litres total later on. The showwed above was not draining after he visited.

I stopped the boiler, took off the pipe to find he had clearly tried to remove the old fitting, but failed/ broken it, and stuck a wrong plain 15mm end in, and had big gaps round it.

He also left with what is now water behind the two digit number led on the boiler window.
Any idea what pipe it is? Looks like it should go from c15mm, to 30mm male screw type thing.

Next BG person coming back tomorrow now. I guess he could of at least tried to remove the old pipe, properly, but if you stick your finger in their its a hack job, cut al round it. Was never going to hold. I read if it was meant to be a WELD he should of told the customer to wait 12 hours, not switch it on there and then, and get in his van and drive off.

Attachments

• IMG_20201128_210025.jpg
    IMG_20201128_210025.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What a disgrace, tell them to do it properly, if they dont then complain to gas safe, the condensate is part of the fluing system so comes under their remit, to be honest the idiot that installed that lik that in the first place, is as much to blame

Sponsored Links
Second bg guy came, didn't have parts, said it was not safe so turned off the boiler.

Now waiting third guy tomorrow.

Hello

BG person from day 1 came back. Hmmm...

I showed the video of water flooding out of boiler, and he says he did us a favour keeping it going until today. He cut away the waste pipework below where the boiler waste and shower joiend and yes c40% of diameter full of gunk.

However it worked every day until he arrived.

He didn't say the dodgy fix (see photo) was bad, but has now replaced it.

In fact what he wanted was for me to remove this post? Not a chance. He threatened to leave and not do the job if kept saying bad workmanship.

Complaint raised, boiler all working now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back