GAS LEAK?

grt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called out a local gas engineer to service my boiler, he came round and said it had failed the tightness test. he tried to find the leak unplugged cooker still a leak. sprayed all visible gas pipe work but still leaking it was only dropping very slowly but enough to fail he said he has to cut me off
and fill in a riddor form does this mean my usual service engineer will get into trouble i would normally have used him but he,s on holiday. he was the last engineer to service it 12 month ago. he said also the pipe work going through the wall needed to be sleaved. i have gas pipe in kitchen under concrete floor will the floor have to come up.

Sponsored Links
will your gas fitter get into trouble, No a leak can happen anytime. no sleeves are not to current standards on an old installation.

What should happen.

gas leak is immediately dangerous. what the book says, Where possible and with the responsble persons agreement every endeavour should be made to retify the situation, and make the appliance/installation safe to use at the time of the visit, or where this is not possible, the following action must be taken.
explain to the user that in your opinion the installation is immediately dangerous, and must be disconnected untill the situation is retified, and that further use would contravene gas safety (installation and use regs.

attach a warning lable do not use, and complete a warning notice which the responsible person should be asked to sign.

Regulation GS (I&U)R is riddor reportable, additional action required.
Make safe
Repair if authorised be the user.

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
will your gas fitter get into trouble, No a leak can happen anytime. no sleeves are not to current standards on an old installation.

What should happen.

gas leak is immediately dangerous. what the book says, Where possible and with the responsble persons agreement every endeavour should be made to retify the situation, and make the appliance/installation safe to use at the time of the visit, or where this is not possible, the following action must be taken.
explain to the user that in your opinion the installation is immediately dangerous, and must be disconnected untill the situation is retified, and that further use would contravene gas safety (installation and use regs.

attach a warning lable do not use, and complete a warning notice which the responsible person should be asked to sign.

Regulation GS (I&U)R is riddor reportable, additional action required.
Make safe
Repair if authorised be the user.

i asked him could he repair it but says that there is no way he is going to start to dig up concrete

well in the last few weeks youve posted about three different ones BOB

blowingup.gif

The plot THICKENS.... :eek: :eek: How do you know it`s Bob the knob???? :D

kevplumb said:
yer marra is in general chat DIA ;)

sorry for late response but what is going on here what is kevplumb talking about

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back