gas pipe issue

i cant understand if the meter is so close, why not sleeve the pipe.. its good practice ffs

Sponsored Links
ok just wait for an ID

pipe will be eaten, gas leak, transco,capped, call to the engineer, unhappy customer

ok just wait for an ID

pipe will be eaten, gas leak, transco,capped, call to the engineer, unhappy customer

er yeh, thats all covered under his "obligation" to report it to the customer :rolleyes: the customer can then get the work done, or not.

do you think before you type or just type whatever pops into your head?

Sponsored Links
Firstly how do you know he didn`t inform the customer.
Also how do we know the person who said it has to be sleeved knows what they are looking at

So answer my question what reg has he broke by not changing it

It would be good practice to sleeve he old work, and certainly sensoib;le to note the NCS. But, I don't beleive that strictly speaking the last fitter can be accused of anything.

u have at least an obligation to advise the customer[/quote]

It is interesting that the OP KNEW about the missing sleeve, but failed to mnention it to thge new fitter. He clearly kept his mouth shut in order to get the fitter to replace it free.

fez2";p="1066246 said:
I have an external gas meter fitted but the gas pipe through the wall was not sleaved.

II have been told he should have sleaved the gas pipe as he cannot creat a not to current standard.

The new fitter DIDN'T create the NCS, it was already there

Of course this is a two year old discussion.

Hopefully by now the OP will either have accepted its not quite right or have paid someone to correct it.

Tony

So tell me mrrivaz what reg has the guy broke.
We are not there to correct existing NCS .
Do you take a balanced flue boiler boiler off the wall and reposition it if it doesn`t meet current regs.
Do you renew a open flue if it has a bend within 600mm NO because there is no reg telling you too.

u have at least an obligation to advise the customer

thats not what you said in your last post, so you have changed your mind or realised you are talking sh1t, how can we PROVE he didnt advise the customer of the NCS, over to you MrRivaz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back