oil and stain

Sponsored Links
Cheer's foxhole
I thought you would have that sorted
I only need small lots so no worries about consistency,
What wood dye would you recommend If I were to mix my own

You can mix Liberon spirit dye with Danish Oil. You can probably mix oil based stain such as Blackfriars with DO, but I'd avoid water based. Don't put DO over oil based dye. The Colron DO colours are limited.

IMO hardwax oil is better. Fiddes hardwax oil comes in a range of shades and only needs 2 coats. You can buy 125ml and 250ml tins on eBay etc.

Sponsored Links
Hey Turkey? Did you ever get your money back through the courts re the bathroom bodge?

Yo Zero

I got most of my money back. Unfortunately Trading Standards intervened after I sent a notice of intended legal action but before it started. They agreed I was owed money, but the cowboys smooth talked them and prevaricated for 6 months until TS agreed to a low offer. I refused several times and was offered a decent amount, which I took.

It would have been quicker without TS, I'd have gone to court and won. But going to court with an offer via TS on the table would have been difficult, courts take TS seriously. TS are understaffed, and not very tough. A silver tongued cowboy can smooth talk TS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back