Oil/stain/wax questions..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've some beech that I'd like to make look a little more grey (not silvered/weathered) so I'm looking for grey stains. While browsing osmo's product range I came across their "oil stain" which the website label said was for "professional installation only"
What does this mean? Some specific tool required? Or is it a "not for numpties" thing?

Separately, I have a stack of unfinished American white oak doors that I'd like to finish with oil rather than lacquer (don't really like the lacquered look). I'd like to oil them with a product that will perhaps enhance the contrast of the grain without darkening the door too much - any recommendations?

These doors will be paired with beech skirting (not the grey above) and I'd like to use a finish that will darken the beech slightly to bring it closer to the oak, again while making the grain stand out a little more. Any product recommendations for this? Will it be OK to use if the skirting is in contact with a cream carpet, in terms of colour transfer/staining?

Tanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back