oil boiler fires up by itself????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,my oil boiler fires up by itself even though i hav not pressed the on button in the kitchen it even comes on wen its set to off,it only happends now and again but it annoying and costing any1 got any ideas

Sponsored Links
If it's an outdoor boiler suchas a Wallstar or Grant or Thermecon make sure the Service Engineer's test switch is in the "Auto" position, if on "Overide", "Test" or "Service" the boiler will fire against the will of any other controls.

as has been said could be a Frost Stat on an outdoor or Garage located boiler, if however no frost statr or Test switch is fitted, I would suspect one of the motorised valves has a sticky auxillary switch and will need a new actuator head ;)

By the way had a fantastic holiday away with the MX5 roof down all the way ,, Yahoo!!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
or is it an combi boiler?? as this will fire up to maintain the heatstore, or perhaps the Kitten is playing with the controls :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back