Oil boiler heating water but not central heating

Thanks Terrywookfit; I do have four pipes coming out of the boiler so I presume that I do not have a motorised valve.

The burner locking out is totally unrelated to any circulation problem.

Any thoughts on what is does relate to please?

The new pump made a difference for a very short while but I'm now back to square one; HW works for a while but CH does not work at all.

Beyond muck/sludge can anyone help on what else can be eliminated please? I'll arrange for the solenoid coil and transformer to be checked.

Thanks again!

Cheers
Lee

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have two totally seperate issues. The locking out of the burner is an ignition problem ie oil or ignition. Check all filters. Check oil is good (no water). Check no leaks or blockages in oil line.
Check spark electrodes are not breaking down (erratic spark) and check gap. Check transformer, solenoid,and oil pump pressure is constant. Check magic eye(photo cell) is not dirty and is working.

The water circulation problem is either a faulty pump, a blockage or air in system.
Check system is full of water and vented of all free air. Make sure cold feed and vent are clear of all obstructions. Check pump is actually spinning when boiler is running (check wiring is correct)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back