Oil boiler reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have an oil boiler probably about 16yr old, serviced about 6 months ago.

When I switch it in for the first time it never starts, always have to push the reset button then it works fine the rest of the night where the thermostat switches it off and on.

Next day same thing again, reset needs pressed, then works away fine again.

Any bits I can clean or replace myself ?!

Cheers !
Mark

Sponsored Links
Give us some details about the thing...it could be as simple as the kerosene filter blocked or whatever but some info will help!
John :)

It's a Trianco EuroStar with a ElectroOil Sterling burner and Satronic reset button.

Working away now, just the first attempt of the day it always needs resetting

Just a gut feeling, could be miles off as usual......first thing in the morning, the air in the flue is cold and dense and has to be moved to allow good ignition.
When was the last time the boiler baffles were cleaned out?
Is your system gravity fed by oil, and has the tank filter been cleaned?
One last thing.....can you attend the boiler for the first start of the day?

Sponsored Links
Could be a minor leak on the oil line if it is sub-gravity, but need more detail like oil supply design, top exit/bottom exit tank, distance/height relative to the burner/tiger loop fitted etc.

Yep, could easily be some air in the line.....easy enough to see if there's a transparent supply pipe :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back