Oil burner won't work since tank ran dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Before you ask, yes we've had the oil tank filled :)

The boiler is a Rialto and is only about 3 months old. It was working fine until it ran dry and cut out a few days ago. We had the tank filled and then restarted the burner (by pressing the red 'cut-out' button), every 10 seconds, over and over (about 60-80 times over several hours) to pull the oil through; no luck.

I checked the nozzle (which was perfectly clean) and emptied the in-line filter (which was full of 'bits' -dirt etc) and tried again, still no luck.

I checked the nozzle again (just in case I'd let some dirt in cleaning the filter) but it was still clean, and I have to say, very dry!

So, there is oil up to the filter (which is about 12-18 inches down the oil line from the burner) but the burner still cuts out after trying to fire (e.g. the red light comes on and the burner cuts out, 10 secs later the button can be pressed and it does the same again).

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back