oil central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my hot water is working but I cannot get the heating to work , it is a 20/25 heatslave combi boiler

Sponsored Links
Its very difficult to sugggest anything when you dont even tell us if its a combi boiler or conventional system.

If the latter then suspect a control system fault.

Tony

Sorry, I had only read the heading and responded before the last two words!

The obvious thing to check is the room stat and heating time settings. More likely to be a user control miss setting !

If you convince yourself its correctly set then its just possible the boiler diverter valve is failed but that is VERY unusal to give DHW and not CH !

You may need to call a boiler expert if it really has failed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
see if little lever on divertor valve moves when ch selected.....turn down dhw stat on boiler. it might fust be synchon motor in valve. awkward on a honeywell and a tw £t on a drayton za valve.......which you may have.

Agile said:
If you convince yourself its correctly set then its just possible the boiler diverter valve is failed but that is VERY unusal to give DHW and not HW !

You may need to call a boiler expert if it really has failed.

Tony

And preferably one who has heard of CH and can recall it even after an obvious drink or 2 ;)

wilhelm said:
see if little lever on divertor valve moves when ch selected.....turn down dhw stat on boiler. it might fust be synchon motor in valve. awkward on a honeywell and a tw £t on a drayton za valve.......which you may have.

Ah, :D heres one that knows about CH, but goes to pieces at the mention of Honeywell :confused:

Thanks for pointing out my HW to CH transformation!

Can you tell him what the diverter in the boiler looks like?

I think he imagines its a combi on a conventional system! It just might be but thats unlikely.

I never have any drinks before 8 pm or the last boiler whichever is later!

Tony

thats what it looks like it wasnt on atall after all that great weather we had in the summer lol

power off
struggle for access...
whip off silver cover
look how motor is attached
drop tiny screw
screw lost......
fit new motor
cover on
power up.

motor.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back