oil fire valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a remote acting fire valve on a domestic oil fired boiler.I see BES sells Peerless thermostatic valves and KBB capillary valves.Anyone have an preferences on these or any other types and why ?All help much appreciated in advance.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
go for cheapest. although i fit kbb. you will need c65. the capillary comes in all sorts of lenghts. ideally operating valve is supposed to be on outside wall, where oil enters. yeh right.... :LOL: :rolleyes:

I tend to use Teddington's but KBB's are good too. Not met your peerless incarnation.

If your not going to fit the valve outside then you may as well save the money and not fit one at all. Use a cheap soldered wheel valve. This would not meet building regs/oftec regs though.

The teddies come in two temp sensitive flavours. 65 degrees C and 95 degrees C. As the sensor should be mounted above the burner some people think that the 65's are too low and cause the valve to shut off from ambient heat inside the boiler case. Fitting a 95 will of course require a higher temp and arguably take longer to shut off in the event of a fire. Take your pick...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back