Oil fired Central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, my concern is that the boiler I'm using (Worcester Heatslave 12/18 and only two years old) is giving me a problem and that is when the domestic hot water switches on the central heating radiators start to warm up even though the CH timer is switched off. The boiler stays on longer than it used to and the Hot water doesn't get as hot. We had a power cut here for over 5 hours a week ago and I thought the settings might have been altered but no everything OK. Could it be the DIVERTER? Hope someone can give a hint as to what might be wrong.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if your Heatslave is only Two years old - I hope it is in fact a GREENSTAR Heatslave?? as if not you have a non condensing boiler which should not have been fitted after April 2007. regarding your problem it is likely that the Diverter valve is letting by - this is a common fault on Worcester ;)

If it is 2 years you may still be under warranty.

If it was fitted by an accredied Worcester installer it will still have 3 yrs customer warranty remaining.

If it is 2 years you may still be under warranty.

If it was fitted by an accredied Worcester installer it will still have 3 yrs customer warranty remaining.

Hi, thanks for your replies, yes it was fitted by a Worcester accredited fitter and he is booked in for anual service next week, just wanted some idea as to the proiblem before he came and because it was fitted by accredited fitter I got a full FIVE year warranty which is good news. Again thanks for all your answers.
Cheers
roxy61.

Sponsored Links
It would be best to advise him of the problem when you book the service, otherwise he will not have allocated the extra time to look at it (other appointments to keep).

As the unit is in warranty, WBs own team will normally carry out the repair, though.

A sticking diverter is normally dirt related, was the system powerflushed two years ago?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back