Oil Fired Rayburn Nouvelle problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any Rayburn Nouvelle experts here?

I have a Rayburn Nouvelle, of which the Boiler side of it "drops out" before it has the chance to get up to full heat. I pulled stat out to see if that was it but it wasn't. Does it have a flame sensor that might not be reading light? Could it be the Hawco control box, the two other odd bits that say 60 sec and 3.5 mins??
Please don't just say contact Rayburn! :(

Sponsored Links
Do NOT contact Rayburn It will cost you £hundreds :eek:. It is probably the Hawco, as long as you can get 20mV on the thermocouple terminals.

If you adjust your message settings so you can receive PMs from other than friends, I'll send you a PM.

I still can't send a PM. Can you set it to recieve messages from anybody. You won't get many in any case. Years ago we didn't have this nonsense. You wanted to send a PM, you sent a PM, then someone had a bright idea. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
At the risk of sounding stupid :oops:
you have made sure the oil filters are clean? the boiler bunrer uses far more fuel than the manual oven Burner - and many people do not even light the oven burner up!

At the risk of sounding stupid :oops:
you have made sure the oil filters are clean? the boiler bunrer uses far more fuel than the manual oven Burner - and many people do not even light the oven burner up!
Yeah, have done.

We have a Rayburn 368k and have had the burner unit replaced 2 weeks ago. We fired the oven up the day after all was fine.
Week later we fired up and nothing happened. Yesterday we fired up and nothing at all happened and the jets were hardly flaming high. My husband slammed the control door and suddenly it fired up!!!!!! We are not going through that again.
We have to Rayburn on tick over every day and it is fine for hot water and radiators, but the oven temperature is a nightmare.
Any suggestions.

Please start a new topic, otherwise things can get very confusing trying to deal with two problems at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back