Rayburn 480K Mk1 oil fired problem

They are all known for their problems, though it doesn't take much to fix them in reality. (I don't have much, but I fix them, how hard can it be?).

You could ask Oilwarm at Cullompton if they could recommend someone. They sell spares for oil stoves so they will know people they have dealt with over the years.

Have you seen your messages?

Sponsored Links
Hi guys help I bought a house last year and needed heating so as I owned a Aga before I thought id go Rayburn and purchased a used 480K not knowing what a nightmare they seem to be iv fitted my self from the manual and a plumber looked at it and it works be it quiet noisy. But I havnt touched any settings inside it. But the heating burner keeps needing reset every time it fires up. Im not sure when it was serviced last do you think it needs a clean service or could it be worst. Any engineers in and around Gloucestershire can look at it for me and service it.

Which Rayburn 480K have you purchased? Does it have NuWay or Ecoflam burners? Does the cooker burner run with no problem?
I assume you have not looked at the burners, so a service would not go amiss. If your Rayburn is one with NuWay burners, you may be in for an expensive project as lots of spares are specific, and can be elusive.

Hi my Rayburn is a mk2 with nu way burner
It runs fine when I reset but when the programmer turns it off it has to be reset again it's a 2.9 heat

Sponsored Links
You are able to see the flame on this through the small sight glass so this can give you a clue as to the flame picture.

These devices aren't renowned for being the cleanest boilers on the market......I reckon to keep them sweet they definitely need a baffle and flueway clean at least once a year.
At this point I'd go for a nozzle replacement and a photocell clean, just in case the flame is darting about a bit.
John :)

Hi buddy I was sat by the Rayburn this morning it fired up ok
Then it reached temperature and turned of then it went to fire again the fuel pump span up the I could here the tick of the spark but it didn't fire then orange reset came on so it isn't sparking right to fire so after 30 sec I reset and it fired up ok

Try getting it serviced, if the flueways are clogged, then you may find that the draught is not carrying the spark on restart. A double dose of purging eventually clears enough of the old air and introduces sufficient fresh air with oxygen, to allow combustion.

I can't believe after reading all this I persuaded my customer to buy one of these coolers? I am in process of getting burner going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back