Oil On My Block Paving!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
JUst had a kitchen extension completed and the builder, who I know as a friend of a friend has parked his van on my pristine block paved drive, 18 months old, and left 5 nice oil stains.
They are so noticable that every time I leave my house they jump out at me.
How can I get rid of them, or failing that minimise their impact.
Incidentally being a wimp I have not challenged him over them, also I haven't paid the bill yet!!
Any ideas. :confused:

Sponsored Links
"Gunk" or similar degreaser should do the job.
Pour/spray it on (depending on what type you get),scrub with a stiff brush,and hose off.

If all else fails,turn the blocks upside down :confused:

You can only turn the pavers upside down if they are clays, not concretes.

Try some washing powder and water with a scrubing brush. Works a treat.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant I will try them all.!

Just hope it works, By the way I think they are concrete pavers

Thanks !!! :oops:

I found this tip in an old copy of viz top tips which addresses this exact issue

Go to your local garage and collect their used oil and pour it all over your drive to make it all match in - and you never haver to worry about oil staining ever again. If our feeling neighbourly you could always do your neighbours drives too :D

Mr Winston said:
I found this tip in an old copy of viz top tips which addresses this exact issue

Go to your local garage and collect their used oil and pour it all over your drive to make it all match in - and you never haver to worry about oil staining ever again. If our feeling neighbourly you could always do your neighbours drives too :D

well although not the ideal solution, i for one thought it was funny

Oil absorbant granules seemed to work pretty well in industry... Tending to 'lift' rather than disperse into the host material.
P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back