Oil Tank Position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got a new oil tank installed and they have positioned it so the outlet is 300-500mm below the boiler, previously it was roughly level. The tank is very close to the boiler, let than a meter with a wall in the middle (non-reg compliant I know). I have raised this with the OFTEC registered installed and he said the boiler can pull the oil up to 6m.

Does this sound right to people?

Sponsored Links
It will work until you run out of oil. You would then need a tank level above the burner to easily bleed it A tiger loop installation would cover such eventualities.

Depends what oil pump you have if it’s a riello 6 Mtrs no way if it’s a danfoss then 2 meters is doable I don’t think any pump will lift 6 meters without a tiger loop. Bob

It needs to be lifted about 500mm and travel about 1000mm horizontally

Sponsored Links
It's a Riello RDB. Maybe about 1500mm horizontally but actually about 300mm vertically

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back