Oil Tank Replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I wanna replace my heating oil tank, at present I have a round shaped 1350 ltr plastic single skin tank, as my tank is near a drain and the property is built next to an ancient monument I want to purchase a tall thin bunded 1000 ltr tank in its place. I have looked at lots of suitable tanks and have employed a heating engineer to fit the tank. He recommends a TITAN tank because he says they always stick to their guarantee whereas others he has dealt with backpedalled when something went wrong, but there are no local suppliers. Locally I have Atlas tanks , Envirostore tanks, and QSS tanks.
Can you recommend any of these or had a bad experience with them. cheers

Sponsored Links
Whichever make you go for (mine is a Harlequin, and touch wood, no problems as yet) its the base that is critical......it should be dead flat so the tank when full doesn't stress and try to flex. Mine sits on concrete beams and I also used a large camping mat to give it a sort of cushion - but who knows if thats doing anything.
John :)

Historically when warranty claims have got out of control, many tank makers have wound up and started trading with a new name!!!
However TITAN is still there and still trading and they have had as many warranty claims as any of the others, so that should tell you something!! ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back