ok 2 tap into 4" stack pipe to insert another drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi:)

i have a small outhouse attached to the side of my house that's accessed via a door through the kitchen.

the kitchen only has a slot for one white goods item which now houses the washing machine.

the missis wants a dishwasher, so my plan is to put the dw where the wm is and move the wm into the outhouse.

the main drain stackpipe is located in the outhouse and is 32mm pipe that goes down into the concrete floor and sticks out through the roof for ventilation etc.

all the bathroom drains go out through the wall and connect to the stack in the top of the outhouse roof, it looks like a sadle (i think thats what its called) has been used.

so my question is can i just tap into the 4" pipe and use another sadle to attach my washing machine drain?

is there a particualr type of connecter i should use? or a ceratain way of sealing the whole thing?

thanks alot for reading this far:)

cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
lol, aye thinking about it its about 4 inch, was a bit of a guess but you get the idea.

Chris

You can use a strap on boss like THIS.

You will need a 40 mm insert too.

Your plumbers merchant will show you. :D

Sponsored Links
excellent thanks mate :)

just had a look at screwfix's site, they do a washing amchine trap so i'll use that too to stop any odours.

thanks alot

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back