old and new London stock bricks help ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a wall built with old London Stock bricks that had been cleaned of mortar etc, some with a tiny bit of paint on or black on them and I have a load left over but not enough so I want to buy more to match for another project but I'm struggling.

I thought when it said hand made they would be the old reclaimed ones every time but now it looks like you can buy new made to look old type London Stocks that are hand made. Then I see you can buy imperial and metric, surely old ones would have been imperial only. Therefore you would have thought new ones would be metric but I'm confused. I tried Googling and I'm not sure I can even find new made to look like old ones not that I want them, I just wanted to compare sizes.

Also I've heard they wont match well if you buy "new made to look old" with "genuine old" ones as they are different sizes is this right? What are all the sizes?

If anybody can clear this up for me so I can go and get the right ones, I would be very grateful.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back