Old Bay Window Renovation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to the forum so hope its Ok to ask a question from the off.

I live in a fair sized oldish house, it was two houses but knocked into one many many years ago...it has been a labour of love for many years...sometimes love/hate. Am embarking on a new wave of renovation work, I am very handy and capable, although a lot will go out to trades. I have a reasonable budget so want to put some jobs out there as cannot do everything.

I have a rear 3 sided bay window with a combination wood and critall window which goes up to the roof line. Underneath is/was the usual red/clay hanging tiles. I have stripped out and am getting quotes for a new wood window. After this I intend reinstating something underneath after I have insulated battoned out and fixed a membrane in. I do not want to re hang the clay tiles, many are broken and very brittle. I am considering using a quality wood as a facia shiplap or similar. I am confident of doing this but not sure what to do on the sections that meet up with the brick wall and the two angles, can anyone suggest how to do this please.

Any advice is very appreciated.

Cheers
Sylvo

Sponsored Links
I have decided to replace with clay hanging tiles, still not sure the best way to finish as the tiles meet the wall, it was mortered in before so assume that is the way to go.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back