Old Bitron Video

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I live in a Condo that uses an old Bitron Video amplifier inside a Mircom box. The headsets are also Mircom. And I know that the audio is not working ( probably an amplifier issue).

There is no headset on my appartment, just four wires.

I think that wire 1 is ground and wire 2 is the door striker. I added a switch and it works. There is 11.5VDC between those wires.

The other two wires I don't know. I get 3.5VAC between wire 3 and ground (wire 1) and 3.5VAC between wire 4 and ground (wire 1).

I just need to understand how those two wires work and buy a buzzer that works with that (I don't want to buy a headset, or at least it would be my last option).

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
most bitron systems are 4 plus one sytems 1 speech in 2 speech out 6 common 9 lock and c7 call so you would get call across 6 common and c7 call.

Do you know what kind of buzzer would be compatible with this intercom?

I tried a magnetic buzzer 3.6VPP but I think that I need a 7VPP to work with that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back