Siemens DCW20 Door chime with Entrotec Door Entry System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I live in an apartment block that has an old Entrotec door entry system. The standard Entrotec ED3 handset provided makes a horrific noise when someone buzzes in and I want to change it.

I am looking to buy off eBay an old Siemens DCW20 Door chime and connect it to the existing wiring.

The only thing I wish to achieve is to get the Siemens chime to "ring" when someone presses the Entrotec buzzer. As I live on the ground floor, I am not bothered about intercom and door unlock functions, so it is just the chime I want to replace.

Attached is a pic of the existing Entrotec handset and manual as well as the Siemens manual.

My old Entrotec ED3 handset has the following wires:

• DR Door Release. A negative going voltage level to trigger the system's lock control circuit.
• VT 12VDC supply to the handset for LED and call tone functions.
• 0V 0VDC supply to the handset.
• BZ Call tone input. Either AC or DC based tones are amplified and heard through the handset when on-hook.
• S2 Microphone signal from handset. 2.5 volt circuit at 150 ohms.
• S1 Signal to handset speaker. Rated at 32 Ohms at a ½ Watt.
• DS Door status LED. Operates from a high level going low or low level going high.

On the backplate of the Siemens Chime, If I wire up in "T" Transformer/Wired Bell push operation and use from the existing wiring:

• VT 12VDC supply to the handset for LED and call tone functions.
• BZ Call tone input. Either AC or DC based tones are amplified and heard through the handset when on-hook.

does this sound correct?

The question is, which of the existing cables will work for this purpose?
Is this compatible at all?

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• ED3 manual.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 269
  • Entrotec ED3.jpg
    Entrotec ED3.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Siemens DCW20.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 304
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back