Old chimney lead flashing - what to do with it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a chimney removed and opted to keep the old lead flashing (I'm beginning to wonder why) - it was a large chimney so there's a fair amount of it. What are my best options? Could I get any money for it?

Was thinking of getting it picked up for free by a local scrap dealer.

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Your best bet is to weigh it then look up the scrap value of the lead online and then you can either decide to take it yourself to a scrap yard and provide your ID & address etc and weigh it in yourself or invite a scrap man and either give it to them or sell it to them so you both make some money on it.

Sponsored Links
I scrap all worth metal usually because I have a large facility near me with calibrated scales and prices on a board.
It's worth it if you don't have to go too far.

I recently had a chimney removed and opted to keep the old lead flashing (I'm beginning to wonder why) - it was a large chimney so there's a fair amount of it. What are my best options? Could I get any money for it?

Was thinking of getting it picked up for free by a local scrap dealer.

Any other ideas?
use it to make sea fishing weights (y)

Well I'm thinking (Scuba) divers weights...

Many clubs have a mould.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back