Old complicated switch to new touch one !

That's OK thanks, we are happy to work with your descriptions.

So can you tell us if the light is on or off with the following switch positions please:
Ground / upstairs
UP / UP =
UP / Down =
Down / UP =
Down / Down =

Ground / upstairs
UP / UP = both bulbs are ON
UP / Down = both bulbs are OFF
Down / UP = both bulbs are OFF
Down / Down = both bulbs are ON

Sponsored Links
......Also could you supply a picture of the wiring in the latest switch please.

Sorry I couldn't pull it out more!!!

20210525_132951.jpg 20210525_133016.jpg 20210525_133059.jpg 20210525_133123.jpg 20210525_133134.jpg

Sorry guys I made a mistake !!! this is the correct connection !!View attachment 234658
Ah that make a lot of difference.

At that point I have not enough experience with this type of device so I ll hand over to other with experience. But I'm still happy to work out wiring to get a neutral.

EDIT: I hadn't seen your other replies when I posted, that all looks very much as expected. In fact getting a neutral may be very easy but it could mean working in the consumer unit.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's getting very complicated !!! :eek:
Maybe not, I simply have not got involved with these sort of switches, many others have and they can offer working experience which I don't have.

To clarify this, I've installed a number of this sort of switch but not commissioned them (fitted before power was available) so I don't know the facilities offered ie for 2way switching.

Last edited:
Maybe not, I simply have not got involved with these sort of switches, many others have and they can offer working experience which I don't have.

To clarify this, I've installed a number of this sort of switch but not commissioned them (fitted before power was available) so I don't know the facilities offered ie for 2way switching.

For me, it's not a problem to fix basic things but this one is on a different level !! :D:rolleyes:

The metal box in the wall is only 16mm depth, the new touch switch won't physically fit into that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back