old CU, bad earth, fused neutral (photo) advice

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
I don't think I've ever come across a Wylex TPN DB.

WYLEX3PNBOARD.jpg

I have an idea I may have seen one or two Memshields, though :LOL:

Are the Wylex any good?

did you used to live at moortown with a big aerial?

if so give me a shout and Ill sort the wiring :)

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Are the Wylex any good?

I think they are ****e. They have prongs that stick out that the MCBs are fitted to. I don't know if you can get covers for them but I have never seen them fitted and it makes working in the DB live dangerous.

I don't know Ding, if you mean the 3p+N wylex one, then it looks like it might be a blind gromit cut to fit the tails in which case it might comply?

(412-03-02 would have a field day on my CU... :oops: - one of the many things that I need to get round to sorting)

kai said:
Actually the Industrial Isolator cost 20 Pounds from Screwfix, and the din-rail box cost 15 pounds from Hagermeyer, so 35 pounds in total.

Perfectly safe, as the industrial isolator can more than cope with the whole house's curent demand - it's rated at 125amps AC22A duty.

The Fridge and Freezer run off their own breakers, and own main switch, so a trip elsewhere down not ruin any food etc.

Hi Kai, if you are about, have you got the part number for the din rail/enclosure that you used with the Wylex 125amp main switch, I have now got the Wylex isolator and need to track down the metal enclosure!
Also how is it wired inside as I note you have two pairs of tails coming out which is the setup that I want, if converted to a single phase isolator allowing 2 pairs of tails, what did you use for the conversion? If not how did you splice the 2 pairs together!

Was going to email but not in profile, arhhhhhh

Many thanks

Hi All,

Interesting conversation, moving into a new house has meant I've had no internet over the christmas (ISP are blaming BT etc..) so haven't been able to reply.

As I think JohnD said, I am going for a new CU with a decent capacity for the future, so I hope for the time being that I'll need only one pair of CU tails.

dw3101 - yes I did live in moortown with a big aerial, that was my mum and dad's house!

dw3101 - I've worked out who you are - the cogs slowly began to turn. I thought you were always on scoobynet!

LOL, took a while -thought you might be quicker than that..

I thought about posting your call sign and mine, but couldnt remember it.. APF iirc.. or was that Jason?

Anyway, have also replied in the other thread..

But yeah on SNet and bbs.22b.com, still building stupidly powered cars!

pict0017.jpg

pict0019.jpg

Turbo is good for 1000bhp :)

Anyway back to your thread :D

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back