Old Danfoss TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought this house which has a TRV head missing from one of the rads. I've removed a head from another rad and it works fine. The problem is, I can't source a new TRV head. I was hoping to avoid draining down and fitting a new valve. So if anyone has one, Danfoss 2000 series I believe, I'd be happy to purchase it and pay postage, or if anyone can suggest where I could get one, I'd be grateful.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Sponsored Links
Won't be the first time you need to change a TRV head....

Go on YouTube.

Its easy enough to change a trv head and body without draining down.

Do it once now and you'll be fine when the others begin to fail.

Its easy enough to change a trv head and body without draining down

What am I missing? So system can be under pressure and white carpet will not be black when old valve is removed and replacement fitted

What am I missing? So system can be under pressure and white carpet will not be black when old valve is removed and replacement fitted

Have a watch of the videos and make up your own judgement.

Sponsored Links

I don't know what was suggested, probably a post by someone I blocked, but replacing the TRV without draining and avoiding the mess involves some skill, plus an element of luck. Hang in there for a spare replacement TRV head, also worth trying ebay....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=Danfoss+2000&_osacat=0

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks for that DP. I had looked on ebay, but I couldn't find a definitive replacement, perhaps I'll have to take a dive and trust to pot luck? I was hoping someone here was replacing a system, or had some rattling around in the back of their van?

Thank you CBW, new TRV head from BES arrived today, fitted and working. Not cheap when you include postage charge, but worth it to avoid draining down, buying and fitting whole new TRV.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back