Old Extension on my wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents bought this house as a rental property 20 years ago so have never thought about extending. There was also an old lady next door so never wanted to make a big thing out of something that wasnt important (at the time), however i am now living it and would like to start making some changes. She has now left the house and it has been left empty for over 2 years.

If you see the picture attached - this is taken in next doors garden. As per the boundary lines on the deeds, the boundary is where the drain pipe is - my drain pipe which i presume i'm responsible for it anything goes wrong

We dont actually know who owns it at the minute but would like to know where we stand. The entire house needs to be renovated so what ever happens i presume new owners will have to demolish the extension, and we would like the land and my wall back.

Whenever this (demolishing of conservatory/renovating of the house) is done we would like to put an extension on the back of my house, which we currently can't do because the conservatory is covering about 1.5m - 2m of my kitchen and back bedroom wall.

Any advice/thoughts?

Attachments

• file-15.jpeg
    file-15.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
and we would like the land and my wall back.

Whenever this is done we would like to put an extension on the back which we can currently do because it covering nearly about 1.5m of my kitchen and back bedroom wall.

Dont understand none of that.

Post a plan showing the boundaries and what bits you think are on your land.

Sorry, Helps if i proof read!

The red boundary line shown on the drawing is actually where the the drainpipe is in the middle of the conservatory. So the wall is built too far into my land and half the conservatory is on my land.

Hope that makes more sense.

Attachments

• file-17.jpeg
    file-17.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 87

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back