Old Heating Controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to identify the controller in the photo and advise the best way forward :

We have bought a ground floor maisonette circa 1970 and there are 4 rooms with these controllers in - estate agents said they control underfloor heating. There's no gas, radiators, etc. just an immersion tank, so I would need some form of heating but am a bit stuck as to how to proceed!

Does anyone recognise these "vintage" items and what would be the best way to check if they work, service (unlikely I know) or replace? If replace, what with - is there a single thermostat that could be used?

The 2nd photo shows the wiring to the controller on the right. (not the lovely wood cover!)

All advice much appreciated.

Thanks View media item 65745 View media item 65746

Sponsored Links
if the underfloor is still connected and workin it will cost you a horrendous amount of money to use it, you will need to get a sparky in to check what is still connected ,who will then advise you on suitable controllers but you will still need individual ones IF its still working

If it's a refurb, and you have gas or the prospect of getting it, I would be thinking about a new ch system.

As said above, electric heating might have been viable 40 years ago, but it will be very expensive to run now. Best to get a sensible system in now before doing other work.

I believe the Thermostat pictured was made by Proscon all very old and very obsolete - prevous posts give good advice! ;)

Sponsored Links
I believe those `stats were fitted in Battersea Power Station - you`d need half it`s output to run your system ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back