Old HW and Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The current system fitted is very early simple gravity system type with only a pump in the central heating circuit, with no stats or programmer fitted.... The system is piped to a 4 pipe Trianco oil boiler.

Basically, what I want to do is fit a Programmer and Room Stat to the system without going to the bother of fitting the 28mm two port valve and tank stat..

My question is..Will it work safely? If yes! Will it work reasonably efficiently in comparison to the one currently fitted? All I want to do is control the CH circuit!

In essence, when completed, it would look a bit like a Honeywell, Sundial C Plan minus the 28mm valve and tank stat!

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
Basically, what I want to do is fit a Programmer and Room Stat to the system without going to the bother of fitting the 28mm two port valve and tank stat..

My question is..Will it work safely?
If you already have the ability run the system on DHW only (i.e. with the heating off), then it will no different when you use a roomstat to stop/start the pump.

If yes! Will it work reasonably efficiently in comparison to the one currently fitted?
It won't be any more or less efficient.

All I want to do is control the CH circuit!
Do you find that the house currently gets too hot? :confused:

The reason for fitting the stat etc, was to have some control over the heat when the place was being used by my family at weekends or in winter. Otherwise it would run too hot when not required to!

Is there an alternative to the standard room stat on the market, whereby it can be set at, say 21C, locked and not be interfered with?

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back