Old laminate worktops after a rip-out – reusable or scrap?

When you remove old laminate worktops, are they usually in good enough condition to be reused?

  • Reusable as they are – good condition, standard size

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reusable after minor work – cleaning, re-edging or trimming

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard to reuse – sink/hob cut-outs and joints make the sizes awkward

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hard to reuse – the style is dated, nobody would want it

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard to reuse – damaged when removing (glue, screws, broken edges)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not reusable – water damage or swelling

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • others (please specify your answers)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1
Joined
21 Sep 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I'm a Master's student researching what happens to old kitchen worktops after a refit and whether they could be reused instead of going in the skip. You're the people who see this every day, so I'd really value your view.

Please vote in the poll, and if you have a minute, reply with a quick answer to any of these:
 
I've never seen them reused.
You can wrap old worktops or tile but either has never been popular.
I'm yet to see a capped one or resign poured over.
Most replace as not expensive
 
Back
Top